At Moorlands Primary School, we believe that 'Anything is Possible!'
We aim to educate your child so that they have the skills to become life long learners as the world evolves. A happy, nurturing and caring school, which caters for everyone. Pupils that grow into confident and tolerant individuals, who embrace their unique qualities. Our staff will provide the challenge and an inspiring curriculum in order to ignite their passion for learning. Our parents will support the school and its core values through their encouragement and partnership in all aspects of school life. We have high standards in literacy and numeracy as well as a passion for the arts and music.
The ethos of the school centres around 6 core values that the pupils and staff decided upon.
In our weekly praise assemblies, that parents are invited to, one child from each class is chosen for the Values Award. Additional children may be chosen by any member of staff in the school if they have been recognised for an action / conduct around the school that needs commending.
Our Visual Values
Well-Being Charter Mark
In December 2021 the school was awarded the Well-being Charter mark for the second time.
The report highlighted:
- some staff go above and beyond to help.
- staff at reception are helpful.
- school uses jigsaw to teach social and emotional health.
- the school teaches pupils about a range of values.
- staff are supportive and recognise when things are wrong. They are helpful and treat everyone well.
- staff respect them, listen and understand their concerns.
- jigsaw has taught them about friendship,feelings, emotions and how to be confident about the person you are.
- staff build resilience in pupils supporting them with their learning, offering good explanations and allowing pupils to help each other.
- having a small school community means everyone is well known and staff see each other daily.
- work is regularly recognised, receiving praise and thanks from leadership.
- leaders regularly check in with staff and ideas and worries are always acted upon.
- SEMH is promoted across all areas and lessons of the school.
This term's value that the school will be focusing on in assemblies, in class and through our curriculum is PEACE.
Assemblies this term are done virtually so that they can be shown in all classes. Fridays is our Praise Assembly, parents are texted if their child has been awarded a certificate.